06 May 2010

One of the Best Things in My Life, Ever

Today I went to a production of Twelfth Night done by a a very small theatrical group called Filter. I cannot even begin to describe it. First of all, this is the whole set. (And the only picture I remembered to take.)

It was like a garage band got together and decided to put on a Shakespeare play, or some people just walked off the street and started performing. There was jazz and blues and rock 'n roll and sound effects. The costumes were minimal--mostly just street clothes. It was so clever and entertaining and smart and fresh and hilarious. There was audience participation, pizza, and tequila shots. There was singing and dancing and ball throwing. Obviously, I can't even describe the experience besides saying that it was one of the best things in my life, ever. Ever. I'm going to back and see it again and I wish everyone could come with me even though I know most of you wouldn't love it as I do.

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you are having such a marvelous time. You'll never want to come home...sniff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will go see it with you. I will even laugh inappropriately if you so wish it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unless they extend it won't be here when you come. Lets cross our fingers!

    ReplyDelete