11 May 2010

Churchy Junk

I haven't updated in a while. Nothing terribly exciting to report. We were assigned to "permanent" wards this week. They split us up so we don't put too much strain on one ward. I was assigned to the White Chapel Ward. It takes about an hour and a half to get there. Of course I was assigned immediately to the primary to play the piano and to help teach. I believe you all know how I feel about this. This Sunday the primary consisted of five children, and with the addition of BYU students assigned to the primary, seven adults. The class that I'm assigned to only had one boy, but apparently there is usually three boys there. My favorite part of the ward so far is that the primary president is named Miracle. Most of the ward is originally from Africa, specifically Nigeria, I think. My least favorite part was when I left my umbrella at church...or maybe on the tube. Either way I no longer have an umbrella. (Sorry, no pictures of church.)

Today we took a little jaunt to the London temple. The grounds were huge and very beautiful. There were a lot of nice little wooded areas and some beautiful flowers.I liked this idea of planting bulbs under the grass then just mowing around the shape of the "flower bed." It makes more sense to my brain because you don't see dirt and the weeds just blend right in! After we finished our temple work, we ate lunch at the temple cafeteria. One girl bought a soda that said "chilled Tango made my stones shrink." In the temple. We were dying.

Unfortunately I was terribly sleep deprived (my own fault) so when we got back I got straight into my bed for two hours, just so's I could function. Then I had to write a paper. I don't know why they're making us write so many papers in London when I should be out in London doing London stuff. Oh, the injustice. I am raising my fists to the sky at this very moment.

1 comment:

  1. I really lucked out when I was there. At the time, there was only 1 computer in the BYU center. Therefore, we never really got assigned papers because we could only hand write things. It was awesome!

    ReplyDelete