07 May 2010

Catch Up 2

Besides my face, this pic is amazing.

In our wanderings we stumbled across Trafalgar Square and subsequently Buckingham Palace. The sun was going down, but we got a coupla good pics.

As you can see, the queen was at home. She invited us in for tea and crumpets, but we had to decline.
This is a pretty sweet action shot of me making a wish in the fountain in front of Buckingham Palace. I mean, the pence is so in mid-air. Shout out to my photographer, Shelby.

I also went to a fantastically hilarious show called 39 Steps. Yes, it is based on the Alfred Hitchcock movie, but no it was not suspenseful. It was like they were trying to put on a Alfred Hitchcock play, but they couldn't quite make it all work. As mentioned previously, it was fantastic. I mean, there were shadow puppets. Shadow puppets! This included a "cameo" by an Alfred Hitchcock shadow. The basic set included 2 ladders, 3 steamer trunks, and a leather armchair, so the staging became very creative. It was also a cast of four with around 130 parts. At one point, I think one fellow was playing 3 parts at once on stage. The play is set in the the 40's, and the night we went, for some amazing reason, all of these people were dressed to the nines in vintage clothing. It was spectacular to behold from the hair to the gloves to the hats and the shoes. Of course, I didn't even think to take pictures of the clothes, but you can kind of see one of the dresses behind me.
http://www.love39steps.com/

1 comment:

  1. I slept all night in front of that fountain, The ground was hard. We did it so that we could see the wedding procession of Fergie and Prince Andrew. And the kiss on the balcony. Your blog is making me yearn for England.

    ReplyDelete