14 May 2010

Food, Glorious Food

Food. Yes food.
Yesterday morning we went to get dutch pancakes. I don't think I need to describe them just see the pictures below.
I had no trouble eating a pancake that was four times bigger than my head.

Also yesterday evening and again this morning we made another trip to Borough Market. This time I dove in with relish. I loved it when the vendors would call me "love" or "darling" as they helped me. It made me feel like I was "in". I bought olives, berry greens (for you mom), fresh figs, fresh yogurt with a rhubarb compote, chocolate covered raisins, and chocolate covered almonds that had the perfect amount of cocoa/cinnamon coating. They're like a little delicious dream that you want to have over and over again. When Sara comes, I don't know how we're NOT going to spend all our time here.


Look at all this cheese. And this is just one shop. I have to admit that although I love cheese, it intimidates me. There are so many choices and kinds and ages and processes, I don't even know where to begin. All I know for sure is that goat cheese is not my favourite.

We also ate the best fish and chips from Fish! and some of the most delish curry I've ever had.
We ate lunch in the Southwark church yard. I fed some of my fish to this cat.
This is how happy we are with food.

10 comments:

  1. Amen for the greens! Everything looks amazing.
    I am not jealous, no, not me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so related to me. Taking pictures of all your food and describing it in such a loving, passionate way. I am so excited to go to the market and get fish and chips! Did you get them with vinegar?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I did. I'm from London now. It's what all us Londoners do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't wait for those almonds to come home to mama! oh and i can't believe you fed a cat. i don't even know who you are anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Favourite"? London is rubbing off on you. Can i be your favourite brother?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, did you find it scary that the cheese shop person was wearing big yellow rubber boots?

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you were my favourite brother, I would never admit it in public. Just sayin'. And Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Make me your favourite sister-in-law and you don't have to admit it to anyone!

    ReplyDelete