01 June 2012

St. Regis Resort, Monarch Beach

The slice of ocean is on the right, just out of frame.
I'm pretty sure I was born to be rich. I'm staying at the St. Regis in Monarch Beach for two days (my kind and generous brother got a sweet deal because of his work) and it is swank. I think I had four different bellboys help me with my carry-on bag. The balcony with my hand-delivered newspaper looks over an adults-only pool, an emerald green golf course, loads of palm trees, and a slice of the ocean. The bathroom is big enough for a dance party. There are robes and slippers for me, just like in the movies. All the linens are white and crisp and filled with down.

I feel so cozy and at home there.

Tomorrow morning I'm going for a kid-free swim and then going to the spa to sit in the steam room.

Haters gonna hate.

FYI: In a five-star hotel you still have to pay for internet access.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You are so lucky to have spent two days in this resort, which has a magnificent pool area. Ahh! It's like you've been in Tuscany and enjoyed an Italian vacation. The turquoise color of the ocean is so refreshing, and this resort is romantic too. Isn't your brother a sweet one?

    Clint Fillmore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why yes, I am lucky! Both for having a great brother and for being able to have this probably once in a lifetime resort stay.

      Delete