28 June 2012

A Phone and SYTYCD

Forgot to write a post again. I'll blame it on the fact that I finally, finally, finally got a new phone, and I was texting texts, keying keys, and setting settings for longer than I'm sure was necessary. I cannot tell you how ecstatic I am about this new development.

Abrupt subject change!

The top 20 were chosen for So You Think You Can Dance last night, and I'm thinking about writing about it here every week. I love that show. They show nearly all the personal drama during the audition episodes, and when the actual competition starts it's nearly personal drama free because it's all about the dance. It really is a great place to see bits of all kinds of dance--jazz, contemporary, ballroom, ballet, hiphop, tap, broadway--performed and choreographed by talented people. And it gets better every year. The show also makes me think that I can dance, so I shuffle my feet, wave my arms, and jerk my body around for a good hour after watching the show.

I can't think of any words or phrases that appropriately describe last year's winner, Melanie Moore. She has a gift, she has the heart and strength to wield said gift, and she is glorious to behold. Below is a photo of Melanie and a video of her first audition. I can't hardly wait to see what the show has in store this season.

For those of you who are watching this season: I can't pick a favorite dancer yet, but my favorite people as people so far are Amelia of the 20s bob; Cyrus (Glitch) of the ear gauges; and Dareian of the bad feet that remind me of hobbit feet.


4 comments:

  1. Cyrus. Eh. Now that I saw last night's episode, I'm really mad that Feliciano guy didn't make it. I love Cyrus's heart but I'm very suspicious about his ability to do other styles. I feel like he'll be so rough it will be more like watching Dancing With the Stars than SYTYCD. And I don't watch Dancing With the Stars because it's not fun. I think they're going to choreograph around Cyrus to make his parts work, and that's going to suck. And did you see how ticked Sonja looked after her first routine last night with the two little girls? SO MAD. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't disagree with you, Melanie. But I was just so proud of him for continuing to try and work hard when his housemates gave up so quickly. I don't think Glitch will actually go far in the competition. That's why I chose him as a favorite "person" and not a favorite "dancer." And I didn't that Sonja was mad, but I'll be watching it again when my sissy Sara comes into town. But sometimes I feel like Sonja looks mad when she's being hardcore proud, if that makes any sense.

      Delete
  2. SYTYCD is hands down my favorite reality TV show. I watched it for the first time last season, and Melanie blew me away. I haven't watched any of the new season yet--I've got to get on that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get on it Krisanne. No promises of the next Melanie yet, but you never can tell who will rise to the occasion.

      Delete