22 June 2012

Mini Milestones

This isn't some life changing milestone like winning an Oscar or running a marathon or falling in love. But this is a milestone of work and gratitude.

This week I surpassed 5,000 views on my blog. Of course in the grand world of the internet, this isn't even a drop in the bucket (more like half a molecule, maybe), but it is a mini milestone for me nonetheless. I began blogging because writing still feels like somewhat of a chore (I'd much rather edit), so I needed motivation to write on a regular basis about topics I liked. While this is still my main purpose, the function of writing is for people to read it! So it's grand to have people read what I'm writing and perhaps be entertained or feel solidarity or maybe even be a wee bit more curious about the world, even if that world is only filled with movies and rants.

So thank you and thank you for coming and reading and commenting! I hope to see you here again soon and often. And since you know that I want the practice, let me know if there's anything you want me to review, research, or opine about.

Fun Milestone Facts!

1) My most popular post to date is this one about Nathan Fillion.

2) I've had one spammer comment, which I deleted immediately.

3) I've had two strangers comment. I'm fairly certain that means I'm made in the shade.

4) My favorite posts to write are Trailer Tuesdays, but they generally get the least amount of views. (They're probably only my favorite because I get to watch loads of trailers and not feel like I'm procrastinating.)

5) I'm fairly certain that this post that damns denim capris has lots of hits because people are searching for denim capris to buy. Sigh.

7 comments:

  1. How did you discover how many people had looked at your blog? (I'm secretly wanting to find out on my own blog, now). Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're looking at a post you've written in Blogger, in the top right hand corner click on "Design." On the left there's a list of about 10 items, and near the bottom is one that says "Stats." Click on it and there's several ways you can view your numbers. You can also see how many views the individual posts have by clicking "Posts."

      Delete
  2. Yours in one of my favorite blogs to read, and your trailer tuesdays (as I've said before) are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! I mean yours IS one of my favorite blogs to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the milestone! I'd love to hear your thoughts on this youtube series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KisuGP2lcPs. It tells the story of Pride & Prejudice through vlogs. I guess just your thoughts on books through different mediums (and not just movies, though that is a major one) in general would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've seen some of those P&P videos, but I'll check them out again. Also, I'm not EXACTLY sure what you mean by your last sentence, please clarify. Or we can talk about it at the 4th of July festivities!

      Delete