19 June 2012

Trailer Tuesday Plus!

The "plus" in this post about Ethan Hawke, but I'm not posting any of his trailers. I was thinking the other day that I hadn't seen Mr. Hawke in anything in forevers. Then, voila, I see him two movie trailers: Sinister and The Woman in the Fifth. The thing is one is a straight up horror/thriller movie, and the other is a horror/thriller movie with what looks like lots of sex and Kristen Scott Thomas. Usually actors start with horror and move on. (Johnny Depp in Nightmare on Elm Street, for example). I mean, in the 90s Ethan Hawke was this huge rising star that was going places, so it feels a little melancholy that he's doing horror. "A" grade horror, but horror nonetheless.

As far as actual trailers go, I have a bit of an odd selection. I probably won't see either movie per se, but  they seemed interesting small ways.

First is 2 Days in New York with Chris Rock and Julie Deply. (It looks like a retooling of a movie Julie Deply made called 2 Days in Paris.) I know what you're thinking, but the trailer looks like a huge departure from anything that seems familiar about Chris Rock's work. I think one of the reviewer tags even equated it to early Woody Allen films, which is probably over-stating it, but still illustrates what a departure it is for Chris Rock. It does look quirky with hilarity that sneaks up on you. On second thought, maybe I will see this one.


I can almost state with 98% surety that I will not see The Watch with Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, and Jonah Hill. I'm just okay with Ben Stiller, Jonah Hill is hit and miss, and Vince Vaughn plays the same slightly to highly morally disgusting character over and over again. But the reason why I'm even talking about The Watch is that is also stars British comedian Richard Ayoade. He plays IT geek extraordinaire Moss in a series called The IT Crowd. (It's currently on Netflix.) If you like British comedy, The IT Crowd resides at the top. In The Watch it appears that Ayoade is pretty much reprising his role as Moss, but I'm okay with that, because I seriously love Moss and I wish he was my real life friend.


Reminder: Brave releases this weekend. Squee!

No comments:

Post a Comment