25 June 2012

Pictures Are Important Too

Since my last few posts were all text heavy, I decided that today will be image heavy. Yes, I know my last post said this blog was about me writing, but my mama didn't raise no fool. If I don't temper my writing with great or relevant images, big blocks of writing become intimidating and arduous to read.

Here are a few of the favorite images I've pinned on Pinterest lately. If you wish, you can follow me on Pinterest using using the handy button on the right or searching for MarthaO.

Fashion!
Not every man can or wants to pull this off, but the right man would certainly shine in this ensemble. Notice the contrasting buttonhole thread and the high-stand peter pan collar.

In my experience most people opine that couture fashion impractical and ridiculous, but the truth is that it's truly a legitimate art from. It takes hundreds of hours, usually with skilled handwork and little or no use of machines, to produce just one couture garment. I don't believe that most designers realistically expect these pieces to be worn. This Antonio Berardi doesn't look like high couture, but that crystal/paillette/bead work is a lot of hand work done by a lot of hands. Gorgeous.
Art!
I try not to allow a lot of envy in my life, but I am jealous of people who have a talent for hand lettering like this.



What a juxtaposition of color! Oh, and there's some elephants, too.
Source: i.imgur.com via MarthaO on Pinterest

I love looking at "Shipwreck" by Sterling Hundley. I'm entranced with the skewed and flattened perspective, the color palette, and the flowers in her hair.


Ewan!
Just...thank you Ewan McGregor for having amazing hair.

Cats!
I tried so hard not to make a board of cats on Pinterest; I didn't want to be one of "those" people. Then I got over myself and remembered that I love cats so who cares. I have never seen such...faces on cats before. I would run away if I saw them in a dark alley, yet I would snuggle them so hard if they were mine.
Source: inpic.ru via MarthaO on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment