26 June 2012

Trailer Tuesday: Celeste and Jesse Forever & Anna Karenina

First things first: I was going to try and see Brave last weekend and do a nice little review for you, but I went to see Moonrise Kingdom again with a ragtag group of friends instead of seeing Brave by myself. (I also had Ethiopian food for the first time. Delish!) Moonrise Kingdom was just as good if not better the second time around, I tell you what. Maybe if I ask nicely Wes Anderson will marry me.

Once again 'tis Trailer Tuesday, and once again I have a couple of goods,but they may turn into greats. First in queue is Celeste and Jesse Forever starring Andy Samberg and Rashida Jones. (Did you know that she's Quincey Jones' daughter?) I like both these actors and I like comedies that are bittersweet, so I should enjoy this movie on some level.

Next is Anna Karenina. Normally I would be jazzed beyond jazzed about a period drama with all the period clothes, but this one happens to star Kiera Knightly, another "leading lady" that joins Anne Hathaway and Scarlett Johansson in ruining my life. I feel like she has only two faces: passive and weirdly contorted with rage. She also does a lot of screaming instead of acting. But there's no screaming in the preview, so maybe we'll be safe. The slightly stylized sets and luminescent lighting in the trailer look a bit surreal and lovely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment