31 May 2012

California Here I Come

I'm heading off to Southern California today for a family wedding, some Disneyland fun, some BFF time, and to reconnect with a long lost friend. I'm not originally from California, but I've spent a good 10 years of my life there, so it's always a nice, familiar, not here place to be. I'm taking my computer, so hopefully I'll be motivated enough to get a little writing time in for y'all. I mean, I better since I've been disappointing you so often lately with my blogging absences.

In honor of my trip, here's a list of a few things I like to do in California, because I know everyone is dying to know my every thought and desire.

1. Disneyland: People are always surprised when they find out that I'm a Disneyland fiend. I definitely have a dark(ish) streak running through my entire being that doesn't seem to mesh with the sugary sweetness that Disney can be.

2. Barnes and Noble: For some reason the only time I feel like going to Barnes and Noble is when I'm in California. It's inexplicable.

3. Tacos: Specifically Wahoo's Fish Tacos (chain) and Tito's Tacos in Culver City. So delicious, and they have Mountain Dew on tap.

4. Fabric: I will take almost any chance I get to shop for fabric in the fabric district in downtown L.A. It's about 3 blocks from FIDM where I went to school.

5. Porto's bakery in Burbank or Glendale. Guava cheese strudle. I could eat a dozen in one sitting with no regrets.

6. Trader Joe's. I know they have them other places, but not where I am. Full-fat yogurt's where it's at.

7. I know you expect me to say something about the weather and the beach, but I'm sorry to tell you that I'm pretty indifferent about the beach. But I do loves those ocean breezes...

See you on the flip side.

No comments:

Post a Comment