25 May 2012

Yawn Science!

I have a Tumblr account that I use for my own nefarious purposes. And by "nefarious" I mean that I creep around and tag things I like and occasionally reblog stuff so I can look at it later; I never post my own content. I could just pin the stuff, but I don't because of my own neuroses. (I'm not really promoting my Tumblr, because I don't think anyone would really be interested or care, but if you're curious: http://putthatinyourtumblr.tumblr.com/.)

Anyway, this is now a really long way to say, "I found this highly interesting video on Tumblr and I thought you might like it." The video is about the science of yawning. Basically it talks about why yawns are "contagious," and why there may be different reasons for yawning depending on what kind of animal you are. I only yawned like 15 times watching the video and twice while writing this post.

Enjoy.
http://exp.lore.com/post/23563690839/so-you-know-why-we-yawn-its-not-why-you

P.S. Stock photos of people yawing are ridiculously bad.
From RedBubble.com by loz788

No comments:

Post a Comment