08 May 2012

Trailer Tuesday: Meh

I've watched a whole heap of trailers in the last little while, but I haven't seen anything that's really getting me jazzed. So instead I have two trailers for movies that I will likely see, but I'm not waiting with bated breath.

First, The Bourne Legacy starring Jeremy Renner, Edward Norton, Rachel Weisz, and all the familiar faces from other Bourne movies. Renner plays assassin Arron Cross who was trained in the same program as Jason Bourne, and this is Cross' story--which of course includes loads of violence. This trailer is more of a teaser at this point (Rachel Weisz doesn't even make an appearance unless you count her voice), but it has potential. The makeup in the first bit looks amazing.

Second, is Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Yes, you read that right. This film builds supernatural lore around the quirks and oddities associated with Mr. Lincoln. I have some excitement about this movie, but I also have this deep, niggling distain, and I'm not entirely sure why. I think, like the rest of the world, I'm simply over-saturated with vampires, even though I give no attention to them unless I'm watching reruns of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Special bonus: Alan Tudyk is in the film! You may know him as Wash from Firefly. Oh, how I adore Wash, and Alan Tudyk by association.

No comments:

Post a Comment