22 May 2012

Trailer Tuesday: Safety Not Guaranteed & Hyde Park on Hudson

I gots a twofer here for you, and I think they both have potential.

Safety Not Guaranteed is about some reporters that respond to a classified ad that asks for a time traveling companion. (No, not like Doctor Who.) I love the premise and the preview looks promising with all its bittersweet indy charm. Plus I particularly like some of the stars: Jake M. Johnson (my lovey Nick from New Girl), Aubrey Plaza (April from Parks and Rec), and Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars). 


This preview is the first time that I've heard of Hyde Park on Hudson, and I was delighted. Bill Murray plays FDR in a based-on-true-events film that depicts the first time ever a king of England visited the United States. This first trailer looks a little madcap-y, more like a movie that was made in 1939 than one that takes place in 1939. (Somehow Bringing Up Baby comes to mind.) But what do I know what presidential country life was like in 1939? Maybe everything was a little madcap and off-kilter. I think Murray will make an excellent FDR.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I was *hoping* you'd post the "Hyde Park on Hudson" trailer - even though I just watched it myself earlier. I really hope it will be lovely! Also, "Safety Not Guaranteed" looks quite intriguing!

    Thank you for Trailer Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha, watching movie trailers is one of my favorite simple pleasures in life. Thank you so much for consistently adding some happiness to my day by posting these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so glad you enjoy it! I sure do watch me a lot of movie trailers.

      Delete