03 April 2012

Trailer Tuesday: How to Grow a Band & More!

What's that you say? You wish it were Trailer Tuesday? Your wish is granted! But don't say I never gave you nothing.

Below please find a trailer for How to Grow a Band, a documentary that chronicles the evolution of The Punch Brothers, a young bluegrass band headed by Chris Thile. It promises to be a fun and interesting insight to the dynamics of a band and the music biz. (That means business, for all you laymen.)

But since I also gave you a documentary last week, and because you have been good, here is a bonus trailer! I don't know a thing about Jesus Henry Christ except for what I witnessed in the trailer. But since it stars Michael Sheen (Wesley Snipes from 30 Rock) and Toni Collette, I'll give it a whirl.  Plus it looks like a charming and smartly funny film by the lovelies who brought us Little Miss Sunshine.


Last minute entry! I heard about Pina (2011) late last night on Facebook thanks to Christina D. She mentioned the soundtrack and I was curious enough to watch the trailer. It's an homage to German choreographer Pina Bausch. It reminds me so much of this acrobatic, dance, theater show called Psy that I saw in London two years ago. Meaning, it looks incredible. So everyone say thank you to Christina.

3 comments:

  1. Aw, the middle one looks lovely! (haven't watched the 3rd one yet, but wanted to make a comment)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I'm pretty excited about it. But let's face it, I'm excited about movies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My three-word review of Pina: different, but worthwhile.

    Anyone who is even a little bit interested in dance should see it. Also, I'm honored to have earned a call-out on your blog.

    ReplyDelete