21 August 2012

Trailer Tuesday: The Impossible & The Brooklyn Brothers Beat the Best

Och, so I bawled through this first trailer, which I think was the point. Well, that and I cry at the drop of a hat. The Impossible stars Ewan McGregor and Naomi Watts and tells the true story of a family that survived that terrible tsunami in 2004 in Thailand. I'm trying to be okay crying in public, but this will definitely be one that I will watch alone in my room so as not to scare people with my inconsolable sobs.

And to lighten the mood, hows about a buddy pic with music and flannel shirts and scruff and funnies? Done in the quirky indy film The Brooklyn Brothers Beat the Best. I'll let the trailer speak for itself, but I will tell you something that you don't see in the trailer: Andrew McCarthy is in it. I think he got better looking with age, especially if you compare him to his peer, James Spader. (For those of you ingrates people who don't know, they starred in Pretty in Pink together in 1986.)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sitting at my desk, crying on my keyboard. Serves me right for watching movie trailers at work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Don't worry, you're not alone, I've cried at my desk because I've things I shouldn't have been doing too.

      Delete