14 August 2012

Trailer Tuesday: Goats and Beauty is Embarrassing

Fact: Thanks to The X Files, David Duchovny will always have a place in my heart. Fact: Ty Burrell (Phil from Modern Family) is one of my new favorite actors. Fact: They are in a new movie together called Goats. Sad maybe fact: This preview is charming and funny, but I'm afraid that we saw all the funny bits in the preview. Fact: Even if that's the case, at least you'll be entertained by the preview, because David Duchovny bleats like a goat.

I watched the preview for the documentary Beauty is Embarrassing, and my inner kid squealed with delight while my outer adult dropped jaw. The film follows creative person extraordinaire, Wayne White. Yeah, I'd never heard of him either, but I have certainly have enjoyed and been influenced by his work since I was a small. He was the main puppet maker (among other things) for Pee Wee's Playhouse. Yeah, that guy. But he's done and is so much more. Just the preview feels so inspiring to my creative person. It makes me want to create with abandon instead of in my normal fussy, careful way. I worry too much about wasting time and materials and having a "polished" outcome instead of learning and discovering within the process. I hope it inspires you too. (Bonus! Todd Olham in a full hill-person beard!)

No comments:

Post a Comment