16 August 2012

SYTYCD for 15 August 2012


Well, I was thoroughly disappointed in last night's episode. Part of the reason that SYTYCD is so fun is that you get to experience new and surprising ideas, music, and dance, but I've already seen all this stuff, man. These numbers were all ready endeared to me with other dancers, so of course I would like the original dancers better. The once exception being the Addiction number. That was hands-down the best number of the night, and completely stood up to and perhaps surpassed the original incarnation. It was so eerie and spooky and creepy and good. Cole was so intense and cold. I like Cole more and more, and this was certainly Lindsay's best performance. All the other numbers were pedestrian. And that's all I really have to say about the dance content.

We said goodbye to Janelle and Amelia. I think those were good decisions. Amelia wasn't really growing and I don't think Janelle should've been in the top 20 in the first place. We also said goodbye to Matthew and my beloved, bad-feet Dareian. I will miss his face and his tender heart so much. As far as wishful thinking goes, I think I would have rather seen Cyrus go. As you know, I love Cyrus' personality and energy, but he's really not improving enough. But, que sera sera, here we are with our top ten dancers.
I just wanted to add another picture of Dareian.
Predictions for the winners: For the gals I'm really rooting for Eliana, and I really hope that Whitney doesn't win. Is that mean? So be it. The guys are a little tougher. The judges seem to like George the best, but even though he's a strong dancer, I think he's too vanilla in the performance area. I think Cole is getting better and better, and if Chehon can convey any sort of emotion when he dances, he will be the man to beat, because his technical skills are stunning.

Lastly, I am absolutely thrilled for the all-stars to come back! It tends to up everyone's performances, and I get to enjoy some of my favorites from the past. I hope Twitch makes an appearance. I mean, look at him. LOOK! He's in the running for the man I choose to have my babies. What? I'm so grounded in reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment