19 September 2012

SYTYCD Finale 2012

I always enjoy and loathe the finale's of SYTYCD. I enjoy seeing favorite numbers and whatever new they throw our way, but I loathe how they stretch it out into a two hour program for a 5 second announcement. C'est la vie.

The new numbers were all fantastic, and for me they got better as the night progressed. The first number with all top twenty dancers had a definite Firefly sound and feel, so I was predisposed to like it. I was even more entertained by the hip hop/animators poker number. I love it when the choreographers dance; it's incongruous and awesome at the same time. My mom had the winner comment of the night when she said that choreographer Christopher Scott "keeps up, but he's just terribly white." Congrats, mom! But the final Lion King number was the best of the new. It was strong and crazy, but it also had a touch of the cheesy. The weird cheetah/leapfrog jump over 3 dancers that happened towards the end was b-a-n-a-n-a-s. Lastly, I'm not sure that codpieces were necessary, but if anyone should wear one out of that group then it's Twitch.

Speaking of Twitch, I think he was in 5 or 6 dances, which I believe makes him the most featured dancer of the night. Drool.

Additionally I was so glad that the show featured Dragon House. I loved all those boys in the auditions,  they simply bowled me over, and I loved their number.


As to the results, I thought for sure Cyrus would win even though Chehon is the better dancer, so I was over the moon that my two ballet dancers won! Congratulations to Eliana and Chehon, they are both incredible and well-deserving. And congratulations America for making me happy with these winners.



P.S. I thought it was super awkward how they announced the winners. They should have announced them at the same time. Also what in the world was Eliana wearing for the announcement? Odd choice, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment