11 September 2012

Trailer Tuesday: Wuthering Heights & Cloud Atlas

I was hopping to find a nice, mediocre RomCom to share today, because at the moment I'm the crabbiest crab that ever crabbed, and I only wanted to watch mindless, fluffy trailers. Tis not the season, I'm afraid. So instead I'll just say some crabby things about a story I've never really liked, yet I'm a bit interested in this retelling of Wuthering Heights. It's been so long since I've read it that I can't tell you what I don't like about it specifically, but I still get a bad taste in my mouth when I think about it. On top of that, and based on the trailer, the acting looks like it might be subpar, and there were no good shots of costumes to intrigue me. Yet I have a feeling that I will eventually see this movie. Whatevs. (Said crabbily.) Happy note: I believe that's Mumford and Sons playing in the last half of the trailer. Swoon.

The trailer for Cloud Atlas made me feel a little better, even though my pessimism (via crabbiness) thinks that there's only a small chance that it will be be kind of amazing, and it more likely will be kind of a hot mess, but I still have hope for the amazing. I like a lot of the premise too, which is filled with reincarnation and sci-fi/fantasy and universal human connection and Jim Broadbent. So here you go. (Said curtly.) And if you stuck with reading this crabby post, thanks. And I'm sorry. Almost.

1 comment:

  1. Don't apologise for crabbiness...
    I really had mixed feelings about the new Wuthering Heights too. In the end I did NOT see it (not to say I couldn't yet) but a lot of people I know who did see it report that it is AWFUL - and you're right about the costumes - they look rubbish! That coat she was wearing?! I don't think so!

    Cloud Atlas looks intriguing! It might be amazing, it might not. I'll probably enjoy all the old-fashioned scenes (as long as the costuming is good!)

    Cheer up, Charlie.

    ReplyDelete