12 July 2012

SYTYCD July 11, 2012



For this season of SYTYCD I decided to do quick updates as secondary posts. That way I can still talk about it, but if you don't watch the show you can easily skip these. So here goes.

 
1) I keep trying to enjoy ballroom, but for some reason it makes me feel entirely uncomfortable. Maybe it's the exaggerated, pulled faces, or the schmaltz I seem to correlate with ballroom. I'm just happy that Boobs McGee (Witney) was covered up during her ballroom number.

2) I don't think I'll ever like Alexa or Janelle.

3) Thank you NappyTabs for The Cure and a super fun routine. I think it was my favorite of the night.  I worried that Amelia and Will would be an overly goofy partnership, but it seems they'll work out just fine.

4) I love Dareian's face so much.

5) Travis Wall might just be a genius. (He's only 24!)

6) I find it highly suspicious that all 3 ballroom kids "drew" ballroom this week. (At least according to a casual comment Nigel made.) Especially considering things like a ballerina and an animator "drawing" broadway.

1 comment:

  1. So far, I completely agree with all you have said. May I add that Broadway often makes me feel uncomfortable as well. Not always, as this week's routine was great. And sometimes the intense ballroom (like the Paso Doble) can be awesome. But that might just be because of Strictly Ballroom.

    ReplyDelete