05 July 2012

Fourth of July Coma

Sam the Eagle, in all his stoic patriotism, solemnly wished you a Happy 4th.
I don't know about you, but I'm simply exhausted from all of my 4th of July activities, which included too many crowds and screaming  children and a not-really-worth-it fireworks display. It turns out all fireworks are disappointing after you've seen fireworks at a Disney park that include coordinated music and narration by Julie Andrews that fill you with so much nostalgia that you want to weep and sometimes do. The best part of yesterday's fireworks is that the automatic sprinklers turned on and we all (9 adults and 12 children) made a run for it. Screaming, flailings, and laughter abounded. 

I hope to do a good ol' regular post tomorrow, but my family that's in town might have different ideas, like forcing me to eat snow cones and sing "Sisters" from White Christmas and watch Olympic trials and bake my famous gingerbread chocolate cookies and yell at their children and craft.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day. And what are your famous gingerbread chocolate cookies?! Don't suppose you have a recipe?
    Also, on another note, your picture reminds me of "Muppet's Christmas Carol" when he says, "It's the American way. It's the British way."
    :)

    ReplyDelete