19 July 2012

SYTYCD for July 18, 2012


First off, my DVR freaked out so I missed the last half hour of the show. I didn't see the last dance or the results. Boo. But I did look up the results, so I'm all informed and ready to chat.

1) There are so many vanilla girls this season. Alexa, Witney, Lindsay, Janaya, and Janelle are the top offenders. I'm still liking Amelia, Tiffany, and especially Eliana; she's got loads of personality. Direct mom quote: "Tiffany is a good foil to those other creepy (vanilla) girls."

2) The boys are much stronger and have bigger personalities this year. No matter how he does in the competition, Cyrus is a bright and happy presence with verve, and I find myself rooting for him all the time because of this. I'm still in love with Dareian's face, and Brandon and Matthew are definitely moving up in my estimation.

3) Barf on the Dareian/Janelle kiss. I thought we were done with all that nonsense after last season.

4) The Alexa/Daniel number with the bathtub was, in the words of Adam, cold and uncomfortable. I was not entertained, and as you know, I think she's boring anyway.

5) I was entertained by the Eliana/Cyrus jive, because he was having so much fun and she is chock-full of personality and talent; the Audrey/Matthew Sonya number, even though it wasn't as good as Sonya's first number; and the Brandon/Janaya bus bench seduction number, Brandon was acting his pants off!

6) The dentist number just creeped me out. Lindsay was way too "performy," and she had no conviction.

7) It's no surprise that a Sonya number was my favorite. I just love her dark and twisty themes and ideas. So Will and Amelia again are rewarded with my favorite dance of the night.

8) Goodbye to Daniel the ballet dancer, Nick the ballroom dude, Alexa the boring, and Janaya the vanilla. I'm not sad about any of these eliminations.

No comments:

Post a Comment