29 July 2013

Day 11-23 of 30 Days of Pictures

Brace yourselves, I'm doing 12 at once. Because I have been taking the pics, but after the Frozen Chicken Incident of 2013, I needed to emotionally regroup. These may or may not be better than the chicken, and they may or may not be in order.

From Yuki, my favorite shaved ice place, because the owner makes all his own syrups from scratch. If you don't know it's my favorite, you haven't been paying attention. But I thought these colors of beet and apricot were particularly lovely. (Yes, he makes beet shaved ice. And it's delicious.)


A pair of shoes I'm considering. My sister pointed out that they look like Sarah's shoes in Labyrinth, which they do. But I can't decide if that makes them better, worse, or has no effect. Thoughts are welcome. Also I can never remember how to spell labyrinth.

I'm commuting every day on the train right now, so you'll just have to deal with train shots. Mostly I read, but when I look up, sometimes I see interesting things. The green and unusual industrial shapes caught my eye here.


 This time it's from the train station: a capitol building and fantastically fluffy clouds.

This is half the apparatus I use to make Thai sticky rice. Dad: "I don't know where this goes." Me: "On your head, of course." He almost willingly let me take this picture.


More sky from one of my evening constitutionals. 

My brother Dave and my nevy Noah on our way to see Annie Get Your Gun at an outdoor theatre. I built some of the costumes, which I have no pictures of, of course.

Impromptu "fierce" photo shoot with friend Becca to take her mind off the fact that we were walking up a mountain after 10 p.m. 

More shoes I'm considering. (Can you tell I'm updating my wardrobe a bit?) Don't worry, I won't roll my pants in exactly this fashion. 


 A pastoral view from the train. There were lots of cows, but I just didn't get my camera on in time. The yellow tone of the grass stood out to me.

 My parent's house was built by a geologist, therefore we have what we call a "rock garden" in the front yard. It's quite sizable and even colorful. Sometimes I see a rock that I can't remember seeing before. This hollowed out rock is such a one.

And today on the train, an abandoned book. On the Road by Jack Kerouac. 



No comments:

Post a Comment