15 July 2013

Brandi Carlile, Round Two

If you were creeping around this blog last year at about this time, you may have read my post about seeing Brandi Carlile in concert. And this year the same friend invited me to go again, so off I went to the merry old land of Red Butte Gardens to take in the show.

Brandi and her band are still amazing and delightful. I extol more of her virtues here. I was particularly delighted this time around by Brandi's acoustic cover of Radiohead's Creep. It was raw and rich, just how I like it. 

I also really enjoyed the opening act, The Lone Bellow. Their music is along the same veins as Brandi's--a healthy mix of rock, bluegrass, classic country, and wicked tight harmonies. They did an amped up version of this song during the show:



Day 6 of 30 Days of Pictures
Naturally my picture for the day is from the show.

Brandi and the twins, Tim and Phil, who wear bad hats. 
The sky and the venue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment