09 July 2013

"Ch-ch-ch-changes!" -David Bowie

Hello, hello! It's been a while. I didn't have ideas or motivation to write for a while, but a a change has come to my life, and it feels like it's spurring more changes. And boy am I ready.

As you may know, I was out of regular work since I finished my BA. I've had work here and there come my way, but nothing permanent, and I like a sense of permanence in my job. But yesterday I started a new joba job filled with the sparkling glow of part-time permanencefor a local news organization. Basically I will be writing, rewriting, and managing a small amount of content (as part of a bigger team) for their website, in a very peon-like manner. But this is much closer to the type of experience I want than what I've been doing, so I'm jazzed.

Then today, as I was making my internet rounds, I saw that a couple of my FB friends had posted a short and sweet TED talk given by Matt Cutts about making changes.


I'm a look-before-you-leap type of gal, so changes for me, especially major ones, move as quickly as molasses on a cold day. But Cutts isn't necessarily talking about big scary changes, and if he is, then his prescribed shortened time commitment of 30 days somehow makes the idea of change more manageable. So while I think of other 30 day change challenges, I'll start with one he mentioned: a picture a day to be posted right here starting today. They probably won't be glorious, and they may not even be mildly interesting, but it's something. And something is something, ya dig?

A view from my first train commute, an old industrial part of town.
:

No comments:

Post a Comment