20 March 2012

Twofer Trailer Tuesday

I got a Twofer happening for you today.

First, Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, starring Steve Carell and Kiera Knightly. The trailer is funny and sweet, but we all know how trailers can be tricksy sometimes. I like the idea of an end-of-the-world movie being a comedy. Well, a comedy without zombies, really. I lovey, love, loved Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead, but Seeking a Friend for the End of the World looks a little less blood-soaked. I'm not a fan of Kiera Knightly, yet I'm still willing to give this movie a chance. Also, Steve Carell looks so skinny!


Do you ever have this happen to you? You learn about something old for the first time then about two weeks later it seems to be a hot topic. So it is with me for the television show Dark Shadows. I first heard about it in passing, then radio show This American Life featured a segment about someone attending a Dark Shadows convention, then I heard that Tim Burton had made a movie homage to the show. The television series aired for 5 years starting in 1966. Get this, it was a dark and supernatural, daily soap opera. Yes, a soap opera with a rather large cult following. And, based on the preview, I'm not actually sure this movie will be any good, but I can't help but watch anything Tim Burton produces.


And here, just for kicks, is some sort of recap from the Dark Shadows series. Just before minute 6 is the start of some extra special special effects. 

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I've seen these previous as well. I think the first might be good - I like Steve Carell. The new "Dark Shadows" looks like it might be awfully silly, but I'm still looking forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's weird that I have more hope for the Steve Carell movie than the Tim Burton one. But sometimes them's the breaks.

    ReplyDelete