06 March 2012

Trailer Tuesday

Tuesdays will hence forth be known as Trailer Tuesdays. I will post at least one trailer for an upcoming movie that I'm looking forward to. If nothing is catching my eye, I will post a trailer for a previously released movie that I find delightful in some way.

Today I will break the ice with three trailers, which is probably excessive. I mean, I don't want to spoil you, but I do what I want.

First is Boy from Kiwi director Taika Waititi. Boy made its debut at Sundance 2010, but it's finally in limited release in the U.S. (since March 2) thanks to Kickstarter. (Waititi is totally charming in his pitch video.) I wish it were playing in my town.


Pixar's at it again with their new film Brave. I have a wee obsession with the Scottish dialect and even did a presentation on said dialect in college. I'm glad they actually have (some) Scottish people voicing the characters, like Kelly MacDonald and Billy Connolly. Plus, doesn't the main character's animated hair look AWESOME?! The whole film promisses to be visually stunning.

 And finally a movie brought to you by the makers of Coraline, a new claymation called ParaNorman. It looks charming and funny and a little dark: three things that appear in abundance in my movie tastes. Additionally I can't seem to get enough claymation.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Martha. It is one of my favourite pastimes - watching trailers. ParaNorman looks really jolly! And of course, I'm really excited for Brave (I'd be interested to know some of the information you found out about Scottish dialects!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mairi, I'll have to see if I can find my power point and notes and stuff to refresh my memory and give you some highlights.

    ReplyDelete