11 September 2011

I Like It When: Website Edition

I like it when the design or function of a website surprises me. Maybe it's because I have no skills, knowledge, or talent that goes much beyond the basics in the area of computing. Recently I've run across two websites that fit into this category. First, there is Built by Wendy. When you get to her site, just slowly-ish scroll down and watch the magnet-like effect unfold before your eyes. It delighted me with surprise. I wouldn't say I'm necessarily a fan of all her fashion, it's mostly just okay. Here's one I like well enough, even though she needs more stabilizer in the pocket flaps.

Second, there is Patrik Ervell. I gasped a little when I first saw this "fidgety" site, based on its fresh, surprising presentation. (And this time I DO like the fashions.) Not only is it visually interesting, but I think that the movement better shows customers how the clothes move and function, and on some level, how comfortable the clothes will be. The tiny repetitive loops of the models' movements are oddly hypnotic.

I wonder if the site designer was inspired by the moving photos and posters in the Harry Potter movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment