07 January 2012

Project Runway: All Stars!


I am very excited by Project Runway All-Stars. It's like an unexpected sequel to a good book. You know the characters, you already have attachments and opinions, and now you get to pick up where you left off and have a jolly romp! It's also nice feeling that each designer has already proven themselves and we won't have to wade through as much poor construction and design. We can just bite directly into the gooey center and lick our lips with satisfaction.

I am most excited to see Mondo and Michael. Mondo is one of my favorite designers from the entire PR series, and I just love how he and Michael (why were they so mean to him?!) bonded and are so sweet to each other. I'm also happily anticipating both Austin and Anthony's antics and hilarity. 


Of course, there are two designers that I'm not so jazzed about--Kenley and Elisa. Although I share some of Kenley's aesthetic, she is really an off putting person, and Elisa is just too...hippy-dippy for me. Bless her heart. So I was more than happy that she was eliminated frist with her odd concoction. 

I'm not sure how I'm going to like Angela as the new host and Joanna as the new mentor, but I'm willing to give them a chance. The only things amiss so far is that Angela's pacing seems awfully slow and Joanna doesn't have the warmth of Tim that I've come to rely on. But I will say this for Joanna, she definitely asked the right questions when she came into consult with the designers. Her experience and expertise as a fashion editor shows.


I don't have much to say about the first episode; nothing greatly stood out for me. It just felt good to be watching.  However, I would like to say thank you to Mondo for wearing a boater hat (see pic at the top). His personal aesthetic both cracks me up (short shorts and knee socks!) and makes me intensely jealous.

4 comments:

  1. 100% agree about Angela and Joanna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've decided to boycott project runway until you move back to california and we can watch it together. you may think i'm only hurting myself with this decision (esp since i won't get to see rami every week...what a dreamboat!), but i'm thinking you just need a good reason to pack up and move back to california. now you have it. yer welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Paula. I haven't come back to California because I was holding out for the Dakotas and dream catcher tattoos. We are at an endpass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how about a compromise. you move to california and to celebrate, we'll get tattoos of dream catchers AND the dakotas. BOOM. get here now.

    ReplyDelete