18 June 2010

Sara's Arrival


Sara and I had a fabulous time in London, which I will tell you all about it several posts. We didn’t do much the first night, just kind of settled in and bought some food and treats. Then we people-watched from the window of our hotel.
On Friday we first rode the tube to St. Paul’s Cathedral to take a tour. It is a beautiful church with mosaics and paintings in the ceiling. We were able to walk up into the dome where there is a whispering wall. While I was trying to whisper to Sara, a male voice asked me if I would go out with him. I looked around to see who it was, but I couldn’t tell. So I had to say no.

We walked up to the top of one of the towers where we could see all of London. All and all it was 530 steps in spiral staircases. We are so hardcore, as displayed by my Flock of Seagulls hair. (What, it was windy.)



Then we took a walk across the Millennial Bridge, past Shakespeare’s Globe, and onto Borough Market. We shared fish and chips from Fish! and some curry in the Southwark church yard. (I have already blogged about both these food items previously.) We also picked up some scones, olives, and wonderful mushroom pâté, which we left in our luggage in London, so we will not be eating it. Sad.

Then, oh then, we went to Les Miserables. C’etait fantastique! We were so jazzed at the end and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. The only bummer was that Marius was not very talented and Eponine wasn’t a super strong singer. Luckily their performances didn’t taint the rest too much. Sara may or may not have a “Les Mis crush,” we both refuse to say. However, I will tell you that we have not gone one day without singing songs from Les Mis.

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing like a shared connection with a sister that you love! Have so much fun you two. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that Chico waiving? Hello Chico!

    ReplyDelete