23 June 2010

Not a Stellar Day, or Don't Fly Virgin

I'm on my way home from London, which started yesterday at 5 a.m. France time. My flight to JFK was delayed by 3 hours so I missed my connecting flight. Virgin Airlines refused any responsibility and in my discussions with them one of their employees basically called me a liar. It was fantastic. Think of my reaction like this but not fake.

It turns out that I was pretty doomed anyway. My tickets through BYU travel were kind of screwy so when I called them to help me out, even they had a difficult time. But they set me up with a swank hotel room and booked me on a flight tonight. I will keep working on my Paris blog posts while I wait for my shuttle to the airport. But only if my tired brain stops wandering.

I would also like to mention at this time that I was awake for 26 hours before I got into my bed at the hotel. 26 hours. The end.

1 comment:

  1. Or don't fly with me cause I have a story for just about every plane ride I ever took. Glad I can laugh about them now. Hope you are adjusting to boring Utah. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete