29 April 2010

New York



We did so much in New York.
But let's start with Marlayna. Marlayna was our tour guide and we couldn't have asked for a better one. She's a native New Yorker (which I knew right away because she wanted us to wait "on line" instead of "in line," a phrase only used in NYC) with a lot of sass and an amazing wealth of knowledge. Basically, I love her. She would lead our group around NYC making sure all 30-some-odd of us would get on the right buses and subways, and and she kept us moving so that we could get to all of our appointments on time. She was no nonsense, but a lot of fun. She dubbed me her "movie maven" because I kept quoting and/or referring to movies that were filmed in NYC. I know, so out of character for me.

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to getting frequent updates. love Allen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Wicked!
    Flight delayed on the way home...quite hideous.
    Got in bed at 2 a.m. this morning. Looking forward to more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, what's your favorite NYC movie? I'm trying to think of one right now. It might have to be When Harry met Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Moonstruck. But I'll have to keep thinking.

    ReplyDelete