28 August 2012

Trailer Tuesday: Pitch Perfect & Samsara

It seems as though we are now in the film transitional stage of the year where we've seen the end of the summer blockbusters, but the fall release of Oscar contenders has yet to arrive. In times like these a lot of horror and mid-level comedies are pushed our way. Pitch Perfect is just such a comedy. ("Get pitch slapped"? Really?) It is obviously riding on the coattails of television's Glee, but adding a little more adult and gross humor. I'm not likely to see this movie, but I'm posting the trailer here because Rebel Wilson (Bridesmaids) has some great one liners. (The last one is my favorite.) It's just a little light entertainment for your day. (I'm sure that the trailer includes the funniest bits in the movie.)

To temper that monstrosity I just posted, I'm also including Samsara, a film that promises to be visually stunning. It's a documentary about the (spiritual?) connection between nature and man. Apparently it's a visual and music driven experience that includes no dialoge or text. It's also filmed entirely on 70mm film over a span of 5 years. I had a couple of sharp intakes of breath when I watched the trailer. For a film with no dialoge, it looks intense.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I've watched the trailer from Samsara a few times, and it gives me chills every time.

      Delete