23 November 2011

Wes Anderson: A Love Story

I hardly know how to begin speaking of Wes Anderson. For me his scripts always have the exact balance of drama, heartbreak, humor, and quirk to satisfy the bitter-sweet realities I crave in movies. And on top of that praise, each movie is a rich visual feast. What is comes down to is his attention to detail. Every aspect of the film, be it script, costume, music, set, etc., directly services the characters or the story, yet nothing feels wasted, gratuitous, or superfluous. Watch any of these titles and see for yourself.


And that, dear friends, is why I am overjoyed with anticipation of Mr. Anderson's new film Moonrise Kingdom. I don't know much about it except that the cast is amazing and what the these photos can tell me. I mean, come ON, how great are these costumes? Answer: They are super great.

No comments:

Post a Comment