16 October 2012

Trailer Tuesday: Starbuck, Django Unchained, Silver Linings Playbook

Well, well, well, what can I say? I've been absent partly because I'm busy, and partly because there aren't many new movie trailers that I find exciting. That being said, I have sifted three trailers out of the pile to place in lap for your consideration.

Starbuck
Now stick with me here. Starbuck is a French film about a man named David Wosniak who fathered 533 through sperm donation. David is unaware of his immense progeny until he learns that over 100 of his biological children are trying to learn the identity of the sperm donor known as Starbuck. (The main character must be a Battlestar Gallactica fan.) Basically it looks like Starbuck is a man child, perhaps with Peter Pan syndrome, who has to face his past in order to live up to his future. Clear as mud? Just watch the preview. It's sweet, charming, and lightly funny.

Django Unchained
Warning: Strong hints of to outright violence in this preview.
I can't say I'm a big Quentin Tarantino fan. I mean, I generally see his movies, and I enjoy them to some degree, but then I never really think about them again. However I think Django Unchained might be different. I'm not sure why, per se, but I like the look, the setting, and the premise better than anything I've seen from Tarantino before. Also Leonardo DiCaprio looks supremely and delightfully icky and creepy. I suppose I'll just have to wait and see how it shakes out like the rest of the unwashed masses. 

Silver Linings Playbook
To finish up, here's a nice palate cleanser of a romantic comedy starring Bradley Cooper and the delightfully awkward Jennifer Lawrence. Basically both main characters are depressive neurotics who find comfort in each other. Comedy and romance ensue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment