30 August 2011

Don Kenn

I'm not sure if I would consider myself an artist, but I am quite the doodler. My mom said to me the other day, "You may be a doodler, but you raise it to an artform." I'm not sure if I exactly believer her, because moms have to say stuff like this; it's their job. Then I see someone like Don Kenn who has AMAZING doodles done impeccably in pen (I do all mine in pencil. Erasers.), then I really don't believe good ol' mom. Don Kenn creates and directs children's shows in Denmark, but in his spare time he draws monsters and creepy scenes exclusively on Post-It Notes. And you know I gots nothing but love for the creepy. Here is a small and quick sampling:







Side note: I especially like the floating monsters, mostly because they remind me of "Hush,"my favorite Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode. The villains are called The Gentlemen, and they are made extra creepy because they float silently and slowly as they "politely" hunt you and kill you.

2 comments:

  1. I love these drawings!!! No surprise, though, I guess. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

  2. This post is very nice and amazing. Please, continued to write same wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete